A well established salt therapy treatment in Europe, bringing salt-infused air to the respiratory system via oral inhalation. Filled with >175g Himalayan Crystal salt. Full instructions provided.
There are many benefits of salt therapy:
• It has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal effects. This facilitates the killing and clearance of any invading pathogens; speeds up recovery from infections and reduces any associated inflammatory response.
• Increases mucus clearance within the lungs and nasal cavity. The salt particles humidify the airways, resulting in more fluid mucus that can be cleared from the airways more easily. It opens up airways and clears pathogens and debris.
• Increased resistance to infections.
• Increases blood oxygenation. Helping in opening and clearing airways the salt aerosol penetrates deep into the lungs, to alveoli, where the oxygen intake takes place. This promotes better bloodstream oxygenation.
• It helps to normalize blood pressure. The salt particles contain potassium, and when inhaled, the potassium can enter the blood stream and stabilize blood pressure.
Salt therapy can be effective as a treatment for a large variety of respiratory conditions, whether chronic or acute, mild or severe; it is also very useful in prevention and strengthening of the respiratory system. The most common respiratory conditions helped by salt therapy are: asthma, allergies, cold and flu, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, sinusitis, hay fever, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, pneumonia.
The negative ions of salt also have a benefit on our nervous system. Because of this, you may feel a sense of relaxation and gain more restful sleep.